- What is the Starthlete Product and Service?
Starthlete is a service and tool that players and coaches use to help enhance communication on teams and improve player skills and passion for sports, physical activities and other skills, to express and develop their creativity in these activities, to inspire others and be inspired by others through constructive communication.
- Information We Collect and Use to Provide the Service
- User-Provided Information.You provide us information about yourself, such as your name and e-mail address when you register for an account. In addition, if you post comments or other User Content, such User Content will be available to anyone using the Service as well as anyone searching the Web. Such User Content may include identifiable information.
- We may use your email address or other information concerning your devices to send you notices (including any notices required by law, in lieu of communication by postal mail) or alerts. If you correspond with us by email, we may retain the content of your email messages, your email address and our responses.
- You also provide us information that you post (or that a child you have authorized on the Service, if applicable) to the Service including comments, and other communications to other users on the Service (collectively, “User Content”). Your User Content and other contributions on the Service, and metadata about them (such as when you posted them) are, by default, publicly viewable on the Service along with your username. This information may be searched by search engines and be republished elsewhere on the Web in accordance with our Terms of Service.
- We use these automated technologies to collect and analyze certain types of information we consider to be non-personal information, including: (a) information related to the devices you use to access or interact with the Service, such as: IP addresses, geolocation information, unique device identifiers and other information about your mobile phone or other mobile device(s), browser types and browser language; and (b) information related to the ways in which you interact with the Service, such as: referring and exit pages and URLs, platform type, the number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time you used the Service, and other similar information. We may also capture other data, such as search criteria and results.
- We may collect different types of information about your location, including general information (e.g., IP address, zip code) and more specific information (e.g., GPS-based functionality on mobile devices used to access the Service), and may use that information to customize the Service with location-based information and features.
- Upiphany uses information we collect to analyze how the Products or Service is used, diagnose service or technical problems, maintain security, personalize content, remember information to help you efficiently access your account, monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns, and track User Content and users as necessary to comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and other applicable laws. We also may use this your information to suggest other users with whom you may want to connect or Freestyle Challenges that may be of interest to you.
- How we Share Your Information.
- Personally Identifiable Information. Upiphany may share your information and User Content with third parties for the purpose of providing the Service to you and as needed to implement the Service. In all other cases, we will ask your consent before disclosing your Personally Identifiable information to an unaffiliated third-party.
- Upiphany may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or subpoena or if we believe that it is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; to protect the safety of any person; to address fraud, security or technical issues; or to protect Upiphany’s rights or property.
- How we Protect your Information.
- Your Choices About Your Information.
You may, of course, decline to submit personally identifiable information through the Service, in which case Upiphany may not be able to provide certain services to you. You may update or correct your account information and email preferences at any time by logging in to your account. Furthermore, in the event you elect to terminate your account, we will remove any videos that you have posted within a reasonable time following such termination. Other user content (such as comments or replies to other videos) will remain available following termination.
- Children’s Privacy.
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. Upiphany does not allow for children under the age of 13 to sign up to Starthlete. Parents can review their child’s personal information collected by the Service and my contact Upiphany at the notice address below to request that their child’s information be deleted or refuse to allow further collection or use of their child’s information. In order for parents to exercise the foregoing rights, parents must communicate their requested changes to Upiphany at the notice address below.
- Links to Other Web Sites.